Welcome to The Brook Institute!
Accessible Somatic Therapy for Adults, Families, Couples, and Children
We have something to fit your needs and budget. We offer both high-end master therapist or coaching sessions and quality lower cost affordable mental health clinical services with our trained staff.
The Brook Institute is a state of the art treatment center for body-centered Somatic Therapy. We help both therapists and clients change their lives. Our team of specialists is trained and supervised by Annie Brook, Ph.D., LPC
Scroll down for Informational You Tube Videos, free audio interviews, and testimonials
Trainings: Click here for our Somatic Attachment and Re-patterning Training Program ….an Advanced Training for Therapists
Healing Power Struggles, with Annie Brook, audio interview
FREE at Conscious Parenting.com
In this interview you will learn:
- What does the Power Triangle have to do with parenting our children.
- What can you do when you recognize a Power Triangle in your relationship with your child (or partner)?
- What is sneaky power vs real power?
- How our child’s early life “Hidden Story” can show up in power struggles and what to do about it!
- Somatic Psychotherapy Professional Spotlight
- Supporting Couples with Somatic Psychotherapy Methods
- Supporting infants
- Childbirth and Bonding: Birth Rotation and Progressions
- Finding Freedom in our Birth Experience
- Optimal Athleticism
- Dissociative Disorders Trailer: created by Emily Snow, with Dr. Annie Brook, Dr. Arielle Schwartz, Dr. Bob Scaer, Robyn Chauvin, and Dr. Betty Cannon)
- Supportive Birthing and it’s Impact on Society: Trailer by Henna Taylor
Annie Brook is an author, educator and master therapist in high demand. Her most recent publication, Birth’s Hidden Legacy, offers insight, case studies, and treatment for events and behaviors related to a difficult birth.
Annie once said something like this to me. “While parents of a newborn are celebrating the birth, the infant is experiencing trauma and perhaps terror.”
Of course! As a psychologist who has been a student of human behavior for his entire professional life, I should not have been surprised . . . but I was. The obvious became visible. Our first born was a very hard birth, requiring forceps. We simply assumed that it was “normal” and that he would recover. Therefore, as a parent, I regret not reading the essence of her book many years ago. My wife and I and our children would have benefited.
I recommend that you read Birth’s Hidden Legacy with these core propositions in mind:
• Of course birth is traumatic, probably terrifying, to the infant.
• Of course this pre-understanding trauma registers in the infant’s emotions.
• Of course these emotions are stored in the body and will shape future behavior.
• Of course we will not be aware of how pre-cognitive trauma impacts our present life.
• Of course getting help to uncover and heal the trauma will include physical movement.
• Of course physically bonding to repair the injury with an infant is essential.
If you read it with these ideas as perspective, Annie will take you into what she’s learned in 30 years of practice helping families cope with these Hidden Legacies…RS, founder, Corporate Consulting and Education
We help adults overcome the shock and trauma associated with precognitive impressions that cause depression, anxiety, procrastination and self harm thoughts and actions.
Early Attachment work coupled with Body-Mind Centering® Re-patterning helps heal anxiety and symptoms unknowingly related to long ago Birth Trauma!
I wanted to thank you for being so kind to me about my anxieties…and my overall sensitivity…It feels that you really understand and are not judgmental but instead very supportive and reassuring.Last week’s session was really helpful…Now I have a solid plan to shift my internal state, and a new understanding of how my sensitivities and fears arose. My BMC practitioner and I did some work after the session with you and I feel that I have already made some gains since then. I am practicing daily.It was a very long road to finally find you and… this type of effective attachment/re patterning work. I am so glad.Thank you so much and I look forward to a follow up with you when my BMC practitioner and I need some more guidance.”anonymous client
- Birth Trauma and it’s long term effects
- Helping Adoptive families integrate and become successful
- Help Couples to overcome frustration and disappointment
- Children struggling with behavior difficulties
- Helping adults with anxiety, obsessions, and depression
- Helping adults overcome long standing issues of spiritual bypass and procrastination
Our therapy gets to the root of issues, and builds new skills and strengths. We treat individuals, couples and families. Therapy is inner work, but it is work that gets results.
We believe in education as well as treatment. Movement re-patterning is the basis of our treatment. We address the earliest shock and trauma of the nervous system.
The Brook Institute methods are exceptional to get to the root of difficulties. Blending neuroscience, attachment psychology, somatic re-patterning of behavior, healing of birth trauma, and the processing of generational issues frees the body-mind and spirit.
The neuroscience behind human behavior:
We treat the brain for lasting change. Our methods are grounded in the latest neuroscience and somatic kinesthetic sciences. We work directly with the perceptions, sensory motor regulation and use movement to re-pattern behavior.
The Brook Institute Offers:
- Shop the Brook Institute Store – We have books, DVD’s and Audio CD’s that help therapists and parents.
- Overcoming Birth Trauma in Children and Adults
- Breaking the Frustration Despair Cycle in Adopted Children
- Marriage and Couples Counseling – Recapture the passion, trust and vitality in your relationship
Learn more about Annie’s Newest Book Releases:
Throughout our site you will see social media sharing buttons like the ones below. Please use these to buttons to share, print or email our pages to your friends and loved ones!