Birth’s Hidden Legacy~ 2 volume set: Help Yourself and Others
Interrupt a legacy of distress. Somatic Psychologist Annie Brook has mapped the origins of difficult behaviors and identity beliefs in Volume 1, including:
Ten Case Studies with children and adults
- Aggression and power struggles
- Anxiety and sleep deprivation
- Fear of success
- Eating disorders
- Obsessions and emotional melt-downs
- Couples dynamics and relationship issues
Brook’s clear writing tracks the primitive brain and shows how pre-cognitive experience fuels maladaptive behavior patterns in children, couples, and adults.
We received hundreds of requests and we listened. Buy both books together and save 10%!
- Early Attachment wounds
- Basis for unraveling shock and trauma
- Somatic impressions show up as belief systems that need to be integrated in order to relax the bodymind
- Self-regulation becomes easier when birth imprints are discovered and resolved
- Earliest imprints create a basis for difficulties in child and adult behaviors; addressing them shifts behavior patterns
Birth’s Hidden Legacy is a great addition in an emerging field. It contains decades of knowledge synthesized from Annie Brook’s own work and others, and makes this available in a coherent, easy to read format for all.
– D. Sawyer, Pre and Perinatal Therapist and Educator
Birth’s Hidden Legacy, Volume 1
The challenge of early childhood patterns for successful attachment is reviewed and redefined in this remarkably succinct telling. Dr. Brook is a master in her field, offering compassion and insight.
– A. Berlin, Professional therapist, 30 years experience
- Treat long standing difficulties at the root level where experience and identity formation meet.
- Interrupt and re-pattern struggle behavior. Help clients orient to a good enough life.
- Read case studies that demonstrate methods that treat the earliest layers of memory that subconsciously drive behavior.
- Understand the heartsong of the Infant and how the need to love and be loved drives behavior.
- See case studies in adults and children, and learn the perinatal and birth themes that shape identity and sense of self.
Increase your clinical practice and establish a waiting list
Birth’s Hidden Legacy, Volume Two
- tailored for application and treatment
- both a somatic psychotherapy manual and a practical reference guide for parents and for therapists who work with infants, children, couples, or adults.
- original thought and methods applications by Annie Brook on perception and dissociative states related to overwhelm, depression, and perceived near-death experience
- psychological theories of attachment dynamics and character styles
- a Jungian perspective on origins of self
- Object Relations and body healing
- Break-through methods based in Body-Mind Centering to re-pattern sensory motor challenges and overwhelm
Birth’s Hidden Legacy Vol. 2 skill sets
- address need shock
- access implicit memory to create lasting change in adult and child behavior
- know the difference and how to treat: sneaky power versus real power
- identify double bind beliefs
- resolve inner bodymind conflicts
Annie Brook is a seasoned psychotherapist with 35 years of clinical experience with infants, families, and adults.
- methods developed and tested from the inside out in clinical private practice and somatic attachment trainings over the last 15 years.
- interventions draw from Annie’s vast somatic background (Registered movement educator (ISMETA), infant developmental movement specialist, Body-Mind Centering teacher, and certifications: (Kaiut Yoga, Cranio-Sacral, Visceral Manipulation, Gyrotonics).
- object relations and character Style insights, Jungian, early attachment
- includes generous contributions from: David Sawyer, (perinatal educator) Nancy Dougherty and Jaqueline West (Jungian), John and Anna Chitty (Cranio-sacral), and Lynda Caesara: (Structural Manipulation and Energy Medicine educator).
- Re-patterning interventions based on theories and methods of Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen, founder of the School for BodyMind Centering.
Don’t let precognitive stress and protective patterns sabotage your life. The “survival brain,” awake in utero, has a story to tell. Learn how to listen to bring relief to self and others.
Join us for an 9 Week Online Study Group, Birth’s Hidden Legacy, Vol 1 and 2
- Learn with support!
- Ask questions and be guided online
- Learn to use these books for best results in helping clients and yourself to heal shock and trauma.
- Apply these methods to your existing professional or personal practice
- Ask questions and get the support you need in order to work with children, infants, couples, and adult clients.
- Understand infant mental health needs, and treat at the level where the earliest brain and body stories express and drive difficult behavior.
Study group take you through Birth’s Hidden Legacy materials. Register for the online group. Buy your book set today!
Starts July 2018. Join us for this fantastic material. Invite your friends!
Customer Review from Amazon
By Damian on March 30, 2014
Want more support directly from Annie Brook?
Attend training seminars in Boulder Colorado, or sponsor one in your area!
Enroll in Annie’s online webinar series. Annie Brook offers a series of topic related webinars based on Birth’s Hidden Legacy methods and theory…coming soon. Be an efficient and effective therapist. Get to the roots of identity and body story. Help clients find relief from entrenched difficult behaviors.