A Best Practices Audio & Visual Learning Format
Learn by watching. Then practice following Annie’s voice. This DVD 3 disc set is an excellent way to learn these movement patterns and train your brain. For parents, movement educators, and adults.
Observe students guided through a progression of movement patterns and reflexes. Observe Annie working with infants. Detailed instructions and explanations of each exercise make it simple to use. Develop core integration, learn to cross your brain’s midline to improve reading skills, coordination, and improve balance. Re-pattern birth and infant trauma through touch and movement.
Detailed Product Description:
3 DVD Set
“Annie Brook is adding another important voice to the field of developmental awareness. Her book, From Conception to Crawling, brings to the foreground the consciousness that emerges when we enter into developmental history in present reality-“Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen, Founder of the School for Body-Mind Centering
Disc 1: Prenatal Movements and Developmental Patterns
Superb movement integration for dance, athletics, and health. Find fluidity, strength, and structural support. Gain practice in patterns that repair injury, enhance movement efficiency, and develop core strength.
Disc 2: Sessions with Babies
Learn the movement language of infants. Discover how to attune, pace and help babies. View sessions that repair non-supportive crawling patterns
Disc 3: Primitive Reflexes and Equilibrium Responses
Reflexes are the alphabet of movement. They awaken dull tissue and interrupt non-effective movement. Use them to awaken the nervous system and practice engaging the building blocks under complex movement.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to repair and support child, infant, and adult movement patterns by knowing the alphabet of movement
- Practice and teach primitive reflexes, equilibrium responses and head righting reactions for brain repatterning
- Observe how to work with infants & learn the foundation of movement learning with tips for parents to enhance brain development
- How to awaken “sleepy” movement support through touch and how to “read” movement deficits
- Learn to clear anesthesia from the body-brain
- Ways to help athletes, dancers, and movers reclaim their full movement intelligence
- How to turn on “the inner motor” of flexion and extension
What People are Saying About This DVD Set:
“Anyone interested in Developmental Movement should own this very instructional book and video series. They will be a valuable addition to your existing repertoire. Annie Brook is an amazing teacher and practitioner of this work. It has been a very important addition to my own work in Developmental Movement.”
– Marjorie L. Rand, Ph.D., cofounder of Integrated Body Psychotherapy