Enhance Your Movement Skills And Play!
Be your own teacher! Author Annie Brook is not only a Registered Movement Educator (ISMETA) but also a body-based psychotherapist. Her mission in writing this manual was to make movement ideas accessible, even without a “teacher!” The Body-Mind Centering explorations open a unique doorway to understanding tissue, muscle, and bone through hands on and movement applications.
Writing Is Clear, With Useful Illustrations And Pictures. Easy to understand, practical exercises for solo, duet, and group movement interactions. Loaded with exercises for contact teachers as well as individuals. Large spiral bind layout makes this book easy to use. Book stays open to any exercise you want to study!
Customer Review from Amazon
By Joyful on December 25, 2014
Detailed Product Description:
Spiral Bound 11” x 8.5” (Landscape format)
Contact Improvisation and Body-Mind Centering is a manual for teaching and learning that blends play with very specific foundational BMC exercises.
If you are a teacher of dance or use movement skills in your classroom, you will find useful group exercises for your students. These help students to:
- learn to have confidence moving with others
- learn ensemble practice and intuitive listening to other movers
- address appropriate boundaries for close contact without it becoming sexual
- learn to speak out when uncomfortable
Other exercises will teach you specific skills that help body awareness:
- How “bone levering” produces better results than compressing the joints
- Work with tactile defensive touch issues & Proprioception games
- Filled with guided practices you can use with children or yourself!
- Deep body listening skills through tissue tone and movement
- Developmental maps that engage sensation and core strength and the use of primitive reflexes as underlying support for improvisation and movement awakening
- How to move with others and have fun as well as movement safety skills
What People are Saying About This Book:
“Annie’s therapeutic work is a potent mix of deep intuition, an abundant knowledge of body and nervous system patterns and pure love. She meets you in the depths of your being and says hello to your earliest cellular imprints, greeting the most fragile aspects of self with great compassion and care. Working with Annie is a journey towards becoming more alive.” – Allison Weliky, LPC, MA